The Blurb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Creative Writing courses
varying what you read. EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:01 pm by $**T

» A - Z of Authors
varying what you read. EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:42 am by $**T

» When did you start writing?
varying what you read. EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:36 am by $**T

» Writers Block?
varying what you read. EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:34 am by $**T

» Book to film adaptations
varying what you read. EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 am by $**T

» whaddya do if you've finished your book but can't get to the library till tomorrow?
varying what you read. EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 am by $**T

» What is your favorite book?
varying what you read. EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 am by $**T

» varying what you read.
varying what you read. EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 am by $**T

» When you were a child...
varying what you read. EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 am by $**T

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

varying what you read.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1varying what you read. Empty varying what you read. Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Max

Max
Admin
Admin

Are you quite set in your ways, sticking to the same genre of books, rather than being open to all types? I am not really a great crime reader, so i do tend to ignore the crime section when i go to book shops, but i am determined to widen my horizons this up coming month!

2varying what you read. Empty Re: varying what you read. Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:46 am

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

I will give anything a try.

Sometimes I've been disappointed, occasionally with a book that has been recommended to me, but sometimes you get a real gem, which sets you off on a mammoth catch-up-with-their-back-catalogue session, which can be fun.

If nothing jumps out at me though, I do tend to stick to crime, because I know that I'll almost definitely enjoy the book.

I'm less careful when I'm at the library though, if I get a book that I hate after three chapters, it doesn't matter so much as it hasn't cost me anything and I can return it

3varying what you read. Empty Re: varying what you read. Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:23 am

fanella

fanella
Settling In
Settling In

Well as you know I'm a bit of a fantasy/horror geek, but I will try anything and have enjoyed loads of different types of books.

The one area I can't get on with though is autobiography. I have tried a few and after a while just start thinking "oh I'm sick of reading about you now!".

http://www.learndirect.co.uk

4varying what you read. Empty Re: varying what you read. Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:15 am

nikkijay

nikkijay

i tend to stick to the same kind of books i.e. girly romantics, crime or real life stories. not a big sci-fi/fantasy fan so don't even consider these when i go to the library. i like things which are fairly light hearted and easy reading especially since having Adam as it can take a couple of weeks to read a book and if it's too complicated or in depth i tend to lose the plot!
i'm hoping that by joining the book club i will be encouraged to read books which i wouldn't normally even consider

5varying what you read. Empty Re: varying what you read. Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 am

$**T

$**T

I tend to stick to the same genre of books unless I
really make up my mind to read a different genre. I
tend to go for either humour, mystery or fantasy, but
I'm thinking of reading science fiction now.

http://writersinstitute.boardeducation.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum