The Blurb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Creative Writing courses
how do you get time to read with small children? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:01 pm by $**T

» A - Z of Authors
how do you get time to read with small children? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:42 am by $**T

» When did you start writing?
how do you get time to read with small children? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:36 am by $**T

» Writers Block?
how do you get time to read with small children? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:34 am by $**T

» Book to film adaptations
how do you get time to read with small children? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 am by $**T

» whaddya do if you've finished your book but can't get to the library till tomorrow?
how do you get time to read with small children? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 am by $**T

» What is your favorite book?
how do you get time to read with small children? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 am by $**T

» varying what you read.
how do you get time to read with small children? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 am by $**T

» When you were a child...
how do you get time to read with small children? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 am by $**T

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

how do you get time to read with small children?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jo

jo

I love reading but i find it a real effort sometimes to find the time to sit and read with 2 little ones, 18 months and 11 weeks old, luckily i am breastfeeding so that is a good excuse to sit and read. How do you other ladies make time to sit and enjoy having a read?

Max

Max
Admin
Admin

i cant help myself a lot of the time jo, if i really like a book, i will take myself and it off to bed as soon as the girls go to bed, and read it until its finished!

Other times i just read it as and when...i have been known to read a few pages whilst using the bathroom... Embarassed Laughing

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

I daren't read a book downstairs when I'm looking after them - it sounds like a cliche, but I really do lose myself in a book and the kids could be setting the house on fire and I wouldn't necessarily notice.

I go to bed as soon as poss and read there for a while though, and if I'm up early, I often manage half an hour or so before they wake up.

Before I had kids I would often go through a book in a day, nowadays sometimes it can take me a week!

jo

jo

it takes me a month to finish a book now, it used to take me a couple of days but at least i am still reading, after i had Stephen i did not pick a book up for 6 months, terrible, maybe i will have to start going to bed a bit earlier once Tom is a bit more settled and do some reading then

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

It is tough, but I suppose like anything else, you work around the problem.... I mean children! Embarassed

fanella

fanella
Settling In
Settling In

I only really get the chance to read in bed these days. If I get towards the end of a book and I can't bear to put it down it will go everywhere with me for a while and I'll read a bit more whenever I get the opportunity.

http://www.learndirect.co.uk

I mainly read whilst feeding littlest one to sleep in the evening, although now she is at an age where she wants the book herself! I don't find any time to write really, which is a shame. I am too tired in the evening, and all my creative energy has gone.

Ali

Ali

I am lucky now mine are all older i do get quite a bit of time to read when they are at school and nursery. The main time I read though is at bedtime although this isnt something I wver did when I had babies to get up to in the night!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum