The Blurb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Creative Writing courses
Have you all had a good weekend? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:01 pm by $**T

» A - Z of Authors
Have you all had a good weekend? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:42 am by $**T

» When did you start writing?
Have you all had a good weekend? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:36 am by $**T

» Writers Block?
Have you all had a good weekend? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:34 am by $**T

» Book to film adaptations
Have you all had a good weekend? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 am by $**T

» whaddya do if you've finished your book but can't get to the library till tomorrow?
Have you all had a good weekend? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 am by $**T

» What is your favorite book?
Have you all had a good weekend? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 am by $**T

» varying what you read.
Have you all had a good weekend? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 am by $**T

» When you were a child...
Have you all had a good weekend? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 am by $**T

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you all had a good weekend?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have you all had a good weekend? Empty Have you all had a good weekend? Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Max

Max
Admin
Admin

Up to anything much? We went for a drive to shin falls today, some waterfalls that salmon jump up...it was very pretty and rather boring really! The kids wanted to jump in and have a swim (talking white water rapids here) and the highlight of their day seemed to be eating shamrock, on the way back up Laughing

2Have you all had a good weekend? Empty Re: Have you all had a good weekend? Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:31 am

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

It was my middle child's birthday on Saturday, so we had the grand present opening ceremony, followed by a party in the afternoon, so that was a bit fab Laughing

Yesterday we didn't do much, we have a stately home across the road from our house and there was a classic car rally on, so we wandered over to look at some of the cars, Ian (my other half) made Sunday lunch and we all had a relaxing day Smile

Salmon jumping up waterfalls sounds nice - but not so much the children wanting to go white water rafting (without the raft!)

3Have you all had a good weekend? Empty Re: Have you all had a good weekend? Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:50 am

fanella

fanella
Settling In
Settling In

Squonk thats sounds lovely - you're in Yorkshire aren't you - it's not Harewood House is it? I went to a classic car rally there years ago.

It was my husband's birthday on Sunday so we had a Barbecue at his parent's on Saturday. We had to cut that short though as my daughter was a bit off colour and wanted to go home to bed. Then on Sunday I did a car boot sale and got rid of loads of old junk that's been hanging round for ages. I spent the money I made on a bottle of wine, cake and takeaway for hubby, so we had a very pleasant evening.

http://www.learndirect.co.uk

4Have you all had a good weekend? Empty Re: Have you all had a good weekend? Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:53 am

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

mmmm, bottle of wine, takeaway and cake! sounds fab!

yes, I'm in Yorkshire, but it's not Harewood HOuse. I'm not even sure where that is, but I don't think it's too far from me. I'm from Manchester originally, so I don't know Yorskhire as well as I would if I were born here Very Happy

We have lots of cake - as I decided the home-made one wasn't good enough for the party so I bought another one Embarassed

5Have you all had a good weekend? Empty Re: Have you all had a good weekend? Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:59 am

fanella

fanella
Settling In
Settling In

We lived in YOrkshire for a few years - In Bradford, Shipley and East Morton. Harewood House is kind of between Bradford and Leeds - quite vague I know!

The cake was yummy - but we also have some left which is not good as I am meant to be back on diet today. I'll resist and have a yummy apple or something instead.. affraid

http://www.learndirect.co.uk

6Have you all had a good weekend? Empty Re: Have you all had a good weekend? Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:50 am

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

ah, yes, we're a fair bit away from Leeds & Bradford, although Ian used to live in Bradford and work in Leeds, I've only ever visited.

We live in between York, Scarborough and Hull in a teeny tiny village that has a few houses and farms and a stately home and nothing else Very Happy

(am not posting the name of the village on t'internet though as it would make me instantly spottable to anyone browsing)

I decided long ago that cake was preferable to being slim, so I don't bother dieting Embarassed Very Happy

7Have you all had a good weekend? Empty Re: Have you all had a good weekend? Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:29 am

jo

jo

we had a pretty quiet weekend really, just pottered arounf town and the village, Stephen is getting his back teeth so is a little bit poorly at the moment so had a restless night tonight and probably another one tonight

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum