The Blurb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Creative Writing courses
hello, I would like to introduce myself EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:01 pm by $**T

» A - Z of Authors
hello, I would like to introduce myself EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:42 am by $**T

» When did you start writing?
hello, I would like to introduce myself EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:36 am by $**T

» Writers Block?
hello, I would like to introduce myself EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:34 am by $**T

» Book to film adaptations
hello, I would like to introduce myself EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 am by $**T

» whaddya do if you've finished your book but can't get to the library till tomorrow?
hello, I would like to introduce myself EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 am by $**T

» What is your favorite book?
hello, I would like to introduce myself EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 am by $**T

» varying what you read.
hello, I would like to introduce myself EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 am by $**T

» When you were a child...
hello, I would like to introduce myself EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 am by $**T

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

hello, I would like to introduce myself

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hello, I would like to introduce myself Empty hello, I would like to introduce myself Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:49 am

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

Hi,

I'm Lynn, nicknamed squonk and this site looks like fun!

I'm late 30s, three kids aging from 14 to 2. Live my partner and I love to read.

I will read anything, but my favourite authors are Dean Koontz and Terry Pratchett. I am currently catching up with Tess Gerritson and Sue Grafton.

I just typed all this out and then I lost it all, so forgive me if you've already read this. Did I mention I'm really old? Embarassed

Max

Max
Admin
Admin

Hiya lynn, i recognise the username from MN i think Very Happy

I am Maxine, mum to 2 toddlers and one on the way, Terry Pratchett is also one of my fave authors, i dont think there is a book of his i haven't read! My prize possession was the Nac Mac Feegles, signed by him, that my friend got me for a birthday present, even if it is one of his more younger directed books! I was gutted to hear he has alzheimer's now Sad

Its good to see a great range of ages joining up too, you are not our oldest, but i think i may be the youngest at the moment!

If you need any help or have any suggestions let me know Very Happy

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

You do indeed recognise the name from MN. I feel like I know someone already Very Happy

I don't have anything signed by TP unfortunately, but I have an illustrated "The Last Hero" which comes out every so often so I can show the family what the characters look like.

The family generally look at me like this: silent and hope I go away though [wink]

Max

Max
Admin
Admin

Laughing my family too, except my dad, he was the one that got me into terry pratchett books by buying me the Hog Father when i was 8. I was hooked! He also shares my love for Oor Wullie and The Broons Annuals, and Garfield, much to the rest of my families disgust!

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

my other half (dp) quite enjoys the televised Pratchett, but his taste in books is a little highbrow for my taste so I couldn't get him to read any!

Max

Max
Admin
Admin

Well at least your DH can read, mine just likes the pretty pictures. If it doesnt have an engine and richard hammond narrating, he doesnt want to know! Rolling Eyes

jo

jo

hi, i am jo, my husband likes to read Terry Pratchett although i must confess to not really getting into his books, i must try to though. You are not old, i am 33 Very Happy

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

Hi Jo Very Happy

Thanks for the comment about my age! Sometimes I feel reeeeeeally old, sometimes I can't believe I'm not a teenager any more!

It must be nice to have a husband that you can discuss books with, all I seem to get is "you haven't read any Solzhenitsyn then?" Shocked and I'm forced to answer "um.. nope. Have you read any Marian Keyes?" Wink

jo

jo

i love her books, they are very readable and very funny.I have not read her latest one though, will have to get that ordered from the library me thinks

10hello, I would like to introduce myself Empty Re: hello, I would like to introduce myself Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:56 pm

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

I've read a couple of hers, but I don't think I've read them all.

I like Rowan Coleman and Dorothy Koomson. Have read all of DKs and am getting through RCs slowly but surely.

jo

jo

I have read one of Dorothy Koomsons novels, marshmallows for breakfast and i really enjoyed that, i have not heard of Rowan Coleman, what kind of books are they?

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

the same kind of thing really - chick-lit, easy reading, dumped on girl comes good, you know the kind of thing. But very readable.

jo

jo

oooh will try and read some of her books then as i think i will like them, will get them ordered from he library

Hello Squonk, another Mner here, although under a different name on that forum! Really shouldn't be joining any more forums, I waste enough time on here as it is....!

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

Hello ULH. Nice to see you over here as well! Are you going to make me guess who you are over there? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum