» A - Z of Authors
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:42 am by $**T

» When did you start writing?
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:36 am by $**T

» Writers Block?
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:34 am by $**T

» Book to film adaptations
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 am by $**T

» whaddya do if you've finished your book but can't get to the library till tomorrow?
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 am by $**T

» What is your favorite book?
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 am by $**T

» varying what you read.
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 am by $**T

» When you were a child...
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 am by $**T

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

How often do you buy new books?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How often do you buy new books? on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Max

Admin
Admin
As the title suggests, how often do you buy new books, is it as and when you need one? Do you like to buy them new or look for them at carboot sales or charity shops?

I buy new books every wednesday normally, from the charity shop in my local town, because if i went to borders i could easily spend 50 at least! Embarassed

View user profile

2 Re: How often do you buy new books? on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:16 am

fanella

Settling In
Settling In
I don't tend to buy anymore actually. I have a small library of my absolute favourites (it's not really that small - 2 tall ikea billy bookcases worth). I decided to have a big de-clutter recently and have been slowly getting rid of some books I no longer really want. I go to the library for new books now.

View user profile http://www.learndirect.co.uk

3 Re: How often do you buy new books? on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:39 am

squonk

Settling In
Settling In
Our whole house is covered in books. I need to stop buying them really but some books, you just have to HAVE!

I go to the library once a week so I never actually need to buy any books, but if I see one, I've got to get it. If there's one that I see at a car boot or in a charity shop that I fancy, I will get it.

New releases by my favourite authors I have to have immediately - I can't wait for the library to get around to buying them, stocking them, etc. Also, my library is a teeny tiny one, so they don't have a huge stock of books, it could be months or even years before they get it in - and yes, I know I could order one, but then I wouldn't have an excuse to actually buy it.

Amazon.co.uk has a lot to answer for!

View user profile

4 Re: How often do you buy new books? on Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:27 am

fanella

Settling In
Settling In
Oh yes I'm the same Squonk - any new Pratchett or Neil Gaiman I have to have straight away.

View user profile http://www.learndirect.co.uk

5 Re: How often do you buy new books? on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:17 am

Cocodrillo

Too often!

View user profile

6 Re: How often do you buy new books? on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:39 pm

jo

i tend to get books from the library. When i do buy books it is usually with vouchers thart people have given me, i do also get books from the charity shops in town

View user profile

7 Re: How often do you buy new books? on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:11 am

nikkijay

i used to buy books by the authors that i like as soon as they came out. however, i now tend to get the books from the library even if this means waiting a few weeks.
I do buy the odd book every now and again normally from places like Tesco or Asda as they are cheaper than the normal book shops. when we moved 2 years ago, i actually sent about 6 carrier bags full of books to the local charity shop and i'm trying to not build up a huge collection again.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum