The Blurb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Creative Writing courses
Hello from Amey EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:01 pm by $**T

» A - Z of Authors
Hello from Amey EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:42 am by $**T

» When did you start writing?
Hello from Amey EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:36 am by $**T

» Writers Block?
Hello from Amey EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:34 am by $**T

» Book to film adaptations
Hello from Amey EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 am by $**T

» whaddya do if you've finished your book but can't get to the library till tomorrow?
Hello from Amey EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 am by $**T

» What is your favorite book?
Hello from Amey EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 am by $**T

» varying what you read.
Hello from Amey EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 am by $**T

» When you were a child...
Hello from Amey EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 am by $**T

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello from Amey

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello from Amey Empty Hello from Amey Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:36 am

Amey

Amey

Hello,

My name is Amanda and I am mother of two (8 and 6)living in SW London. I read a fair number of crime novels (Kate Atkinson, CJ Sansome, PD James, Sue Grafton). I also read stuff my son reads (e.g Harry Potter, and The His Dark Materials series). And, I like to read a bit of non fiction too!

But, my favourite all time book is Pride and Prejudice, and I'll try any book as long as its reasonably well written!

Amanda

2Hello from Amey Empty Re: Hello from Amey Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:40 am

Max

Max
Admin
Admin

Hi amanda welcome to The Blurb. I have accepted your application to the book club, i hope you will enjoy july's book Wink

I am maxine, mum to a 3 and 2 year old, expecting my third in october. The only crime writer as such i can think of that i liked the books of is Kathy Reich, i must admit i dont read many crime ones! I think its because i dont have the patience and have to flip through it to find out what happens.

Anyhow, look forward to chatting about books with you Smile

3Hello from Amey Empty Re: Hello from Amey Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:42 am

jo

jo

Hello Amanda, i am jo, mum to 2 boys aged 18 months and 11 weeks. Looking forward to chatting to you about all things books

4Hello from Amey Empty Re: Hello from Amey Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:12 pm

squonk

squonk
Settling In
Settling In

Hi Amanda Very Happy

I love crime novels.

Am currently trying to get through Sue Grafton and Tess Gerritson as they appear to have written tons of books before I discovered them Embarassed Have read all of Ian Rankin's, Michael Connelly's, Jeffery Deaver's etc.

There are a couple of authors you mention in your post that I don't know, I'll maybe give them a try.

Nice to "meet" you.

xx

5Hello from Amey Empty Re: Hello from Amey Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:14 am

fanella

fanella
Settling In
Settling In

Hi Amanda,

I'm not much into crime novels, but looking to expand into other areas so maybe I'll give something else a go (I'm a bit of a fantasy/horror geek).

Looking forward to chatting in the book club..

Smile

http://www.learndirect.co.uk

6Hello from Amey Empty Re: Hello from Amey Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:51 pm

Amey

Amey

Thanks to everyone who replied to my intro post (I had a few problems reading your replies for a while).

Max and Jo, the fact that you find time to read at all with such young children is better than I managed when mine were very small.

Squonk - I've read 19 of Sue Grafton's 20 Kinsey Millhone alphabet books (I'm waiting for the 20th in paperback). I will look out for some of the other authors you mentioned.

Fanella, CJ Sansome writes about a crime solving lawyer in Tudor times. The latest about serial killer in the reign of Henry VIII is pretty much a horror book.

Looking forward to discussing books with all of you,

Amanda

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum