» A - Z of Authors
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:42 am by $**T

» When did you start writing?
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:36 am by $**T

» Writers Block?
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:34 am by $**T

» Book to film adaptations
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 am by $**T

» whaddya do if you've finished your book but can't get to the library till tomorrow?
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 am by $**T

» What is your favorite book?
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 am by $**T

» varying what you read.
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 am by $**T

» When you were a child...
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 am by $**T

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fanella (aka Alison)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fanella (aka Alison) on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:07 pm

fanella

Settling In
Settling In
Hello!

About me - I'm Alison in real life. I'm 36, married with one daughter. I live in Lancashire and love reading, films and doing timewasting stuff on the computer (I arrived here via Mumsnet!)

My favourite author is the wonderful Terry Pratchett. I love his work and also greatly admire the man. In general I enjoy reading fantasy, but I'm open to anything. I particularly like Neil Gaiman, Clive Barker, Katherine Kerr, and have read quite a few Dickens too. I also really enjoyed the Harry Potter series and am not ashamed that I read them even though I'm a grown up. Very Happy

At the moment I'm reading The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocolypse by Robert Rankin. It's taking me a while to get into but it has potential.

Right I'm off to explore a bit now and dive into some discussions!

View user profile http://www.learndirect.co.uk

2 Re: Fanella (aka Alison) on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Max

Admin
Admin
Hi alison, welcome to The Blurb, please try to ignore the wee changes going on with the look of the forum, it wont be long honest! I am another terry pratchett fan, both the work and the man, so sad to hear about his alziemers. I have only read one of the harry potter series but did enjoy it very much!

Oh, and i am maxine, mum to 2 girls and a boy due in october! Also stalk mumsnet Very Happy

View user profile

3 Re: Fanella (aka Alison) on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:26 am

squonk

Settling In
Settling In
Hi Fanella.

Another mumsnetter here Very Happy

I suspect that this site may be fun too. I like all the authors you mentioned in your post. I used to read quite a lot of Robert Rankin but I haven't read him for yeeeeeeears!

I'm still waiting for it to be my turn for the last Harry Potter - I suspect I may give up soon and get it out of the library Smile

View user profile

4 Re: Fanella (aka Alison) on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:32 am

jo

hi Alison, i m Jo, mum to two boys aged 18 months and 11 weeks, when i get the time i enjoy reading, which at the moment is mainly when i am breastfeeding, i really think though that i need to start reading terry pratchett books as i am outnumbered here Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum